Friday, March 25, 2011

No.24


Rabindranath Tagore 1861-1941
Bengali poet

-o-0-o-

I want to give you something, my child,
for we are drifting in the stream of the world.
Our lives will be carried apart,
and our love forgotten.
But I am not so foolish as to hope that
I could buy your heart with my gifts.
Young is your life, your path long, and
you drink the love we bring you at one draught
and turn and run away from us.
You have your play and your playmates.
What harm is there if you have no time
or thought for us.
We, indeed, have leisure enough in old age
to count the days that are past,
to cherish in our hearts what our
hands have lost for ever.
The river runs swift with a song,
breaking through all barriers.
But the mountain stays and remembers,
and follows her with his love.

-o-0-o-

A Moment’s Indulgence

I ask for a moment's indulgence to sit by thy side.
The works that I have in hand I will finish afterwards.

Away from the sight of thy face my heart knows no rest nor respite,
and my work becomes an endless toil in a shoreless sea of toil.

Today the summer has come at my window with its sighs and murmurs; and the bees are plying their minstrelsy at the court of the flowering grove.

Now it is time to sit quite, face to face with thee, and to sing
dedication of life in this silent and overflowing leisure.

-o-0-o-

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add colour to my sunset sky.

-o-0-o-

Do not say “It is morning” and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name.

-o-0-o-

I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.

-o-0-o-

I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-


“Hi, there! Just to remind you that COME SURF THE NET begins tomorrow 26th March.
Hope you’ll have a look.”
http://comesurfthenet.blogspot.com

-o-0-o-

Thanks to http://www.graphicshunt.com for the Cartoon Image

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments:

Post a Comment