Friday, May 6, 2011

No.30

I've often wondered what my choice of music would be, if I was to be cast on to a desert island.

I know I would find it difficult, for my likes and dislikes are constantly changing, and there's every chance that a favourite piece today wouldn't appear in my best loved list next month.

There are however three pieces of music which I'm sure would always figure in my desert island selection. They're all well-known, very popular and I'm confidant you'll like the You Tube performances I've chosen.

I begin with the Prelude to Act 1 of La Traviata by Verdi, played by André Rieu and the Johann Strauss Orchestra. The video uploaded by "mychoicealfred4"



This is Kiri te Kanawa singing "O MyBeloved Father" from Gianna Schicchi by Puccini, with the London Philhatmonic orchestra conducted by Sir John Pritchard. The video uploaded by "napat14"



Finally, Puccini again, this time the Humming Chorus from Madame Butterfly, performed by the Hungarian State Opera . The video uploaded by "RoLorenz"



-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments:

Post a Comment